Test Maker for Designing the Exam Structure
An exam consists of one or more sections. Each section contains one or more pages, and each page contains content and questions. Additionally, test maker provides a common asset library can be created for the candidate to access at any time (regardless of the section or page) during the exam.
Testinvite's easy test maker allows you to set a time limit for the entire exam, for each section and for each page independently.
Marking a Page for Review
If the page does not have a time limit and there is an opportunity to go back to the page according to the established navigation rules, you can create tests where the candidate can mark the page for review. Marked pages are also shown as marked in the navigation menu.
Numbering of Questions
All questions in the exam can be given sequential and automatic numbers, or you can ensure, by online test maker, that the number of questions starts with one (1) in each section.
Automatically Adding Barcode or QR Code to Questions
Barcode or QR Code can be added automatically by the online test maker to the beginning of all questions in the exam. In this way, if a person takes a photo of her/his screen during the exam and this photo is detected, it can be determined by which person that photo was taken by means of the barcode or QR code in the relevant photo.
Adding a Calculator
Assessment creator allows you to add a calculator that can be used throughout the exam by the candidate.
Adding an Asset Library
Assessment maker allows you to create an asset library that will be accessible by candidates throughout the exam. Reading passages, audio tracks, pictures, video clips, and other various files, can be put into the asset library. The asset library is accessible throughout the entire exam, regardless of which section or page the candidate is on.
When adding an image to the asset library, the features of scaling up & down and zooming in & out the image can be enabled for candidates. In this way, even a very large image that has been added to the content bank can be viewed by the examiner during the exam.
Preventing Potential Copying Attempts
Easy test maker provide several features to obstruct cheating attempts. Some actions that the candidate can use during the exam can be blocked.
- The translation of the texts using Google Translate in the browser during the exam can be prevented.
- Selection, copy-pasting and printing of exam contents can be prevented.
Determination of Success Scores to be obtained from the exam
The exam builder automatically calculates scores for the whole exam, for all sections of the exam and for all pages in the exam, and prepares reports. This way, in addition to the success of the candidate throughout the exam, the success of each section and each page is also reported.
Among the information automatically calculated separately for the exam in general, sections and pages, there is, for example, the following information:
- Total score achieved
- Success rate
- Total number of questions, number of questions answered, number of questions answered correctly, number of questions answered incorrectly, number of questions with partial success, etc.
Tracking the success rates by associating the questions with the dimensions
Even though they are in different sections and pages of the exam, you can associate certain questions with the dimensions and have them reported together. Tracking the success obtained from a group of questions independent of the structure of the exam under a single dimension provides you with the opportunity to make many measurements from an exam.
Dimensions can be created in a hierarchical structure. For instance:
- 3 questions can be associated with the Fractional Expressions dimension under the Math dimension.
- The 2 questions can be associated with the First-Degree Equation dimension under the Math dimension.
In this example, 5 questions are reported under the Mathematics dimension, only 3 questions under the Fractional Expressions dimension, and 2 questions under the First Degree Equation dimension.
Creating Tendency Reports by associating questions with tendency
Often personality inventories and competency tests measure disposition, not success. In this case, it does not measure how successful a candidate is, but what he or she is more prone to. For this, online test maker provides questions associated with tendency.
The test can consist of many sections. Exam builder allows you to create online tests composed of as many sections as you want.
There may be different reasons for dividing the exam into sections. For instance:
- You may want different parts of the exam to be reported separately. In this case, dividing the test into sections may be a practical solution.
- The exam may consist of very different parts from each other. In this case, dividing the assessment into sections can be beneficial for the candidate's experience.
- You may want to apply different time limits to different parts of the test. In this case, you can divide the exam into sections and set a time limit for each section.
- In one part of the exam, you may want the order of the pages and questions to be automatically mixed randomly, and in another part of the assessment, you may want the order of the pages and questions to be presented in the order you specify.
- You may want to create assessments with different configurations in different parts of them. For example, if you want to restrict back-and-forth navigation in one part of the exam and turn it off in another part, dividing the test into sections in this way can help you achieve your goal.
Sections allow you to practice different configurations in different parts of the exam. Because:
- Each section may have its own time limit.
- The order of the pages in each section can be shuffled automatically for each candidate
- For each section; back-and-forth navigation restrictions can be set within the pages in the section.
Adding Pages to Sections
When adding content to sections, easy test maker provides different methods when you create tests:
- You can add pages to sections one-by-one, you can add content and questions to each page.
- By using the random page selector, you can randomly select the number of pages you specify from a group of pages.
- By using the automatic page builder, you can ensure that the number of questions you specify is randomly selected from a pool of questions you will create, and they are presented in the number of pages you specify.
Sorting the Pages
- You can specify the order of the pages in the section and have them presented in accordance with the order you have determined.
- You can shuffle the order of all the pages in a section randomly for each candidate. Additionally, even if the page order is shuffled in a section, you can fix the order of a certain page or pages if needed.
Adding Questions and Content to Pages
Online exam builder allows you to add content and questions to each page in the test:
- You can create questions and content within the exam.
- You can batch import many questions into the page at once.
- You can add grouped content that you have stored in content groups to the page.
- You can add any of the questions you have stored in the question bank to the page.
- You can automatically select a random question from a pool of questions you specify and add it to the page.
Sorting the Questions and Contents on the Page
- Online test maker allows you to specify the order of the questions and content on the page and have them presented in the order you specify.
- You can have the questions on the page sorted randomly for each candidate. Although the order of the questions on the page is determined randomly, you can fix the order of the questions you want.
Determination of Obligatory Questions to Answer
You can make it mandatory to answer any of the questions on the page. With the random question selected, you can make it mandatory to answer all the questions to be selected from the question pool.
Determining the Score, Size and Tendency Effects of the Questions on the Page
You can determine the scores, dimensions and tendency effects of the questions you add to the page. When you add questions from the question bank to the test page, the default score, size, and tendency effects of the question are preserved. However, you can change these values after you add them to the test.
Trying the Test with Preview
After creating tests, you can try them as many times as you want. In this way, you can be sure that the exam works exactly as you want, in accordance with the settings you have made.
Presenting the Exam by Opening the Practice Mode
Test creator allows you to present exams in 2 ways.
- When the exam is presented normally, the goal is to measure the candidate's competencies. Therefore, no feedback is given regarding the correct or incorrect answers given by the candidate during the assessment.
- When the test is presented in practice mode, the goal is for the candidate to learn from their mistakes. Therefore, during the exam, after the candidate answers the questions on a page, he receives feedback on which answers are correct and which are incorrect, and answer explanations are displayed for questions that are not answered correctly.