Multiple choice questions
Creating answer choices
In a multiple-choice test question, the test-taker selects one or more options from a list of provided choices to answer the question.
To make a multiple-choice question, go to your Question Bank and click on the red plus sign situated at the lower right-hand corner of the page.
Customizing the available choices
The choices section in the Multiple-Choice Question Editor is composed of several parts, each of which plays a significant role in creating the multiple-choice question.
- To create a new answer option, click the 'Add New Choice' button. The content for the choice is configured on the left-hand side of the button.
- The list of available options are presented.
- You have the ability to designate any option as correct or incorrect. If you mark a choice as correct, it will automatically be assigned a score weight of 100%. Conversely, if you mark a choice as incorrect, it will be assigned a score weight of 0% by default. You can further customize the score weights by entering a value on the right.
- You have the option to set the minimum and maximum number of answer options that can be selected by the responder.
- By specifying a threshold score percentage, you can ensure that the test-taker is not awarded any points unless they achieve the designated threshold.
- Enabling the shuffle choices option will randomize the order of the answer options for each responder, while the side effects option allows you to set custom point effects for individual options.
Adding a new choice
Enter the content of the answer option in the content editor and click on the 'Add New Choice' button located next to it.
Editing, ordering and deleting choices
Each choice in the Multiple-Choice Question Editor has several buttons located on its right side.
- You can click on the edit button (pencil icon) to modify the content of any choice.
- Similarly, you can use the up and down arrows to rearrange the order of the choices.
- If you wish to delete a choice, simply click on the red delete button.
Configuring the minimum and maximum number of answer options that can be selected
By adjusting the minimum and maximum values, you can precisely determine the number of answer options that the responder is permitted to select when answering the question.
Previewing the question
To preview your question, you can activate the Preview option located in the upper-right corner of the Question Editor. The preview panel provides an opportunity to understand how your configuration choices take effect and verify that the question functions as intended.
Talk to sales
Want to learn more about Testinvite?Schedule a demo
- Side effects
- Scoring and point system
- Fill in the blank questions
- Content groups
- Matching and sorting questions
- Creating a rubric
- Importing input questions
- Take a picture questions
- Interview questions
- Speaking questions
- Coding questions
- File upload questions
- Fill-in-a-table question
- Writing question
- Auto-evaluation by function
- Auto-evaluation rules
- Validation of text and numeric inputs
- Numerical entry question
- Text entry questions
- Input questions
- Alignment of choices
- Dropdown list
- Importing in bulk
- Quick paste tool
- Extra features
- Adding hint
- Adding feedback
- Adding a sidebar
- Attaching a file
- Adding video clip
- Adding audio clip
- Adding image
- Formatting the question text
- Composing a test question
- Creating test questions